HOW TO WASH YOUR HAIR IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
HOW TO WASH YOUR HAIR IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
Can you think of anything better than the 10 minutes at the shampoo bowl with your stylist? The moment where you can let go of everything the outside world has to offer as you relax and melt into the chair.
Somehow we have the impression that the pampering needs to stops right there at the bowl...but it doesn’t have to!
Indulge in your daily or bi-daily ritual and learn to wash your hair like a pro with 4 simple steps:
Step-by-step: How to wash hair
- If you are using a sulfate free shampoo you may notice the suds aren’t as impressive as they once were. That is because you are no longer using a toxic ingredient that creates bubbles. (Bubbles don’t clean btw - but they sure make us “feel” cleaner).
- Treat the first wash as the detox moment. It attracts the dirt, oil and grime so that wash no. 2 naturally gives you more of the bubbles you’re looking for!
TURN THE WATER OFF / MOVE OUT OF THE WATER
- Ensure that you have enough shampoo to rub into both hands and step away from the direct flow of the shower (your stylist shuts off the water completely). Move both hands globally around your head to equally distribute shampoo.
Beginning with the front of the head — the part you see in the mirror.
- Begin at your hair line using the pads of your fingertips, making mini circles around your face and the first part of the hairline. Work both hands on opposite sides of your ears and work them together near the widows peak area then back down towards the back of your ears.
- Next, with the pads of your fingertips start at the front hair line near the center part of your head, allowing your pinkies to touch. Create circles with your eight fingers (four on each hand) and work toward the back of your head, massaging the entire way. The amount of pressure is up to you.
- Once you reach the crown area separate your hands further so left hand is near the left temple area and right hand is near the right temple area and repeat the backward circles.
- Repeat all the way down the front of your head until you reach your ears.
Moving to the back of your head — the part you cannot see in the mirror.
- Place your thumbs on the part of your skull that is right behind your ears as a resting place then place both hands on the top back of your head and create even bigger circles moving all the way down past your nape until you reach the bottom of your neck.
- Place your hands on the top back side of your head and continue to work this same pattern down in diagonal back movements.
- Repeat until you've thoroughly washed the hair in the back of your head.
- To finish washing your hair, use the pads of your fingertips and press firmly with both hands around your head to apply pressure for added stress relief and increased tranquility.
- Rinse with lukewarm to cooler temperature water to close the cuticle and prevent frizz.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT PRODUCTS TO WASH YOUR HAIR
When it comes to choosing the right product to wash your hair, you’ll want to assess your hair’s natural condition and certain other factors. For instance, anyone with damaged or dull hair should use the OUTRÉ Shampoo + CBD to repair and hydrate stressed out strands while the anti-inflammatory benefits of CBD oil nourishes and soothes your scalp.
If you frequently use chemical or heat treatments on your hair, you’ll want to try the OUTRÉ Shampoo + CBD to repair and hydrate your hair followed by the OUTRÉ Instant Repair Mask + CBD for deep reconstructive work to the hair shaft. Not only will this help to repair the hair fibers but it will also improve hair elasticity and strength, and protect hair from future damage.
Finally, if you regularly color your hair, opt for the OUTRÉ Shampoo + CBD and Condition + CBD bundle, followed by Hair Oil + CBD to protect your color and prevent fading.
Equipped with the right products and knowing the best way to shampoo hair will ensure amazing results every time.
Now that you know how to wash hair with shampoo, let us know if you’ll give it a try. How do you keep your hair smooth and beautiful? Want to share a few of your coveted secrets? Leave your comments in the box below. We would love to know your hair washing tips and are looking forward to your feedback!